Oh My Gosh!! I I will have to make this for the upcoming holidays!
Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie without using modern-day processed corn syrup. Combining maple syrup with brown sugar and molasses replicated the old-fashioned versions perfectly. This is a pie you will want to make again and again!
- 1 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups toasted and chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell, chilled in pie plate for 30 minutes
- 1. Make Filling: Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat sugar, syrup, cream, and molasses in saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Whisk butter and salt into syrup mixture until combined. Whisk in egg yolks until incorporated.
- 2. Bake Pie:
View original post 65 more words