Southern Caramel Cake has been around as long as I can remember. When I think of this cake I think of old-fashioned Sunday dinner’s. It’s a labor of love, but well worth it. You can whip the icing with a wooden spoon to make it spreadable, and when it sits it looks almost like peanut butter. I just poured my on a little warm so it would flow down the sides. Hope you enjoy this old fashion recipe.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour, self-rising
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Southern Caramel Icing Recipe, double the recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 3 9-inch cake pans.
- Cream butter til fluffy and then add sugar and cream for about 8 more minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and cream after each.
- Add flour and buttermilk, alternately, beginning and ending…
View original post 118 more words